Transition Times

LAST CLASS: You did it!!

Final posts in your assigned expertise areas – see below – AND –

Coming with ideas on what to do for SUMMER FUN!!!

SUMMER FUN – ideas from students: 

Farmers Market – 

Disc Golf –

Arts & Craft (Kesey square ) Tue- Thurs. 

Eugene Parks & Rec guide (see below): 

https://www.eugene-or.gov/132/Rec-Guide

Seiji’s review of BFDI (Batte For Dream Island)

Battle for Dream Island is a series on YouTube where inanimate objects with arms and legs (and sometimes without arms) compete to win a luxurious island full of paradise. The series is notoriously popular for its characters based on objects with different personalities taking on different challenges and competing.

The series is very comedic in nature for its humor and ridiculous laws of physics with some of them having running gags of “budget cuts”. At the end of the episodes, viewers get to vote who gets to be eliminated from the teams that have lost (and in later episodes, it’s those in the danger zone with the lowest scores), which builds anticipation. However, the voting usually has a time limit (such as only a couple or few weeks until 2 days after the video has been posted).

The series is still going and is still enjoyable to watch for all ages, and watching later episodes will make you realize references from previous episodes, as if it were like SpongeBob SquarePants.

My overall review is that I believe Battle For Dream Island is very enjoyable for many people and might inspire them to create their own object shows! (like Inanimate Insanity and Object Overload)

Self-care, by Rayleah

Why is it important? 

Self-care is taking time to do things that help you live well and improve your physical and mental health. Regarding your mental health, self-care can help you manage stress, lower your risk of illness, and increase your energy.

Examples:

1. You can do skincare and for me my skin is always dry, so I have certain products that I use for my morning routine and night routine. Everyone is different depending on your skin type. You have to find the right products for your skin.
  2. Lay outside and draw. I found out recently that I love being outdoors. 
  3. Take care of yourself. <3
  4. When I’m ever feeling gross, I lie down and take a nap. Have tea with ginger, eat soup throughout the day, and take charcoal if needed. 
  5. Stay calm if you’re ever feeling stressed. That is, however, if it helps you. For me, I meditate and do yoga. I will have some relaxing tea. (Dancing for me helps relieve my stress as well:)

Kamiloh Weather

Wednesday 6-7-23  high 78 and  low 52   30 chance of thunderstorms from 5-8 pm on Thursday 6-8-23 cloudy   high 77 and low 51 on Friday 6-9-23 Partly sunny   high 74 and low 50 on Saturday 6-10-23   sunny  high 78 and low 49 Sunday  6-11-23 sunny  high 80 and low  51 on Monday 6-12 sunny high 85 and low 51 on Tuesday  6-13 sunny  high 83  and low 54 on Wednesday 6-14 sunny  high 77 and low 46 on Thursday 6-15-23 sunny  high 77 and low 46 on Friday 6-16-23 partly sunny high 79 and low 47    The   mojave desert  is the hottest is located in  Nevada  and California

_________________________________________________________-

Seiji’s review of- Wood Smash

There is a game called “Wood Smash”, which is similar to endless mobile games because there is no limit of how long you play until you make a mistake.

You play as a circular ball that bounces on a plank of wood avoiding spikes. If you hit a crack in the plank of wood, you break the plank and move on to the next plank where the crack has changed places. Hitting the cracks will get you a point, but hitting a spike will end the game.

This game has easy, medium, and hard difficulties. Medium might have some spikes and moving platforms and Hard would have more spikes and faster moving platforms. This game also has unlockable balls when you reach a certain task such as scoring a certain amount depending on what difficulty you are on.

The game is fun and recommended to be played.

George Calendar Posts  – Spring -23

6/2: 10:00am Guest speaker Chris from Mckenzie Personnel

6/9: Social Picnic at Maurice Jacobs Park with food and drinks together with CLP and Bethel transition programs.

From 01:00pm to 03:00pm Grad party at the Connections building (Cake and drink will be provided!)

6/14: All day camp at Shotgun Creek as a group, where we will hike and do outdoor activities. (Food and drinks will be provided.)

We will meet at 10:00am at the Connections building and ride the bus to Shotgun Creek, we’ll be back at Connections building 04:00pm at the latest. Please let Anders and Heather know if you want to attend.

(Reminder: Please wear appropriate hiking clothes and shoes)

Link to Shotgun Creek: https://www.blm.gov/visit/shotgun-creek-recreation-site

6/15: No School for students and the start of summer!

Weather by Kamiloh

Wednesday 5-31-23: A sunny day. The temperature’s high is 66° and the low is 44°.

Thursday 6-1-23: Another sunny day! The temperature’s high is 71° and for low, we have 43°

Friday 6-2-23: The sunniest day this week has a high of 75° and lows of 42°

Weather fact: The city that has the most tornados is Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Last year there were 2 tornados. 

___________________________________

Seiji review of Scratchnapped

There is a game called “Scratchnapped” created by Griffpatch. The game is a platformer similar to Super Mario Bros. The Scratch Cat’s mission is to save the little Scratchlings because their uncle Bitmap Scratch Cat captured because he felt forgotten.

Your main job is to go through all 4 levels to save the Scratchlings. Even though the game is a demo, it is still enjoyable and pretty inspiring for people who want to play a platformer with a cool twist!

Weather by Kamiloh

Monday (5-22-23) in the morning it will be a sunny day, and this afternoon there will be a chance of thunderstorms and heavy rain.

Wednesday (5-24-23) a sunny day with a high of 85° and a low of 53°.

Thursday (5-25-23) a high 72° and a low of 48° with a chance for thunderstorms.

Friday (5-26-23) a high of 82° and a low of 53°

Weather fact! The hottest place today is over in California with a high of 115° and a low of 92°! Wild.

George’s track experience:

After school, I went to Sheldon for track. I volunteered by doing track time with the distance running group. During off times, I talked with most people on the team. For the track meets, I only do home meets.

___________________________________________________________

George Calendar Posts  – Spring 2023

5/19:

10:00 A.M. OVRS (Voc Rehab) presentation

10:15 A.M. Chris from McKenzie Personnel (Job Developer) presentation

01:00 P.M. Jacelyn from Mainstream Housing presentation 

5/20:

“Circus On Ice” on Saturday May 20 from 4:30 – 8:30 P.M. at Lane Events Center 796 W 13th Ave, Eugene, OR

5/25:

11:30 A.M. Grad Luncheon for the third year students at LCC main campus

5/26:

10:00 A.M. Last class “Job Club” with “Key Consulting” (Maybe Pizza?)

5/29:

No School (Memorial Day)

6/2:

First Friday ArtWalk at 5:30 – 8 P.M. at downtown eugene https://lanearts.org/first-friday-artwalk/

6/9:

10:30 A.M. Social Day with CLP and Bethel transition programs at Maurie Jacobs Park

01:00 P.M. Graduation Party for the 3rd year students

Seiji review of “Merged”

There is a mobile game called “Merged” where your task is to combine 3 or more of the same numbers. Using your skills to fill in the box, you can use it to make chains. However, if you combine a 6, you won’t get 7, but instead an “M”. If you connect the “M” in group of 3 or more, they explode in a 3×3 area. If the board fills up and you got no available places to put, it’s game over.

Kamiloh weather report

Wednesday 5/17/2023: sunny days with a high of 85° and a low of 53°. Next week it will be cooler, and next Thursday there may be thunderstorms.

Drake Article- Nature Anecdote

I’ve always spent my time indoors never out in nature, but just a few days ago I decided to step out of my comfort zone. On Wednesday morning (May 10th 2023) I woke up, came downstairs, made food, got my yoga mat laid outside,, did some yoga meditation, journaled, and sketched.

I was out pretty much all day. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner outdoors. I listened to nice music and danced. I was being grounded with nature and had my feet In the grass.

I never knew how relaxing It was. I love it I told myself that I don’t like being inside nor do I like being on my phone. I want to spend all my time outside and enjoy the sun, of course when it’s nice and warm. If it’s not then I find time to have tea, listen to music, meditate, do yoga on my yoga mat, draw and do poetry.

Seiji Pi Protector Review

Pi Protector is a game that only uses a single key to play (the space bar). Hold and release it to lauch a pie and attack the enemies trying to take over a castle! Using your aim to your advantage, you can use it to deduce where the enemies are going to fly and where the pie is going to land.

Hitting enemies scores points, and if one reaches the left side of the screen- you lose a life. Lose all 3 lives and it’s game over, however you earn money after each game. Using the money, you can buy upgrades such as:

• Bigger pies
  • More enemies
  • Shields
  • Extra lives
  • (And a secret item revealed at 125 points!)

Georges calendar

5/19: Attention all students wanting to get a job and live independently! At 10:00 A.M. we will have visitors:

• 10:15 A.M. Chris from Mckenzie Personnel
  • 1:00 P.M. Jacelyn from Mainstream Housing.

5/19: Speed Friending event at 5:30 P.M. to 7 P.M. Offered for adults identifying as LGBTQ+ in the I/DD community. (Event hosted by Allies, LLC)

5/23: Best Buddies spring celebration. Please remember to register and RSVP if wanting to attend.

5/25: Grad Luncheon for the third year students at LCC main campus.George Calendar Posts  – Spring -23

________________________________________

5/5:

No school. Please use this day off to make plans with friends and family.

5/6:

Spring Formal Dance at Hilyard Community Center. Time: 7pm to 9pm. If interested, please register by 5:30pm on Friday. Phone number is 541-682-5311 and the cost is $8 per person.

5/8:

In the morning, we will have visitors from the North Bend School District.

5/9:

Information night for High School students and family interested in going to Connections next year. 

___________________________________________

Review of the Hatsune Miku Tamagotchi (By: Seiji)

The Tamagotchi Nano recently released a new virtual pet game featuring Vocaloids. The user’s job is to take care of Hatsune Miku, and depending on how well they care for and play with her or not, she will have various outfits based on her Snow Miku or Magical Mirai designs, or she will become a different Vocaloid altogether. 

The games the Tamagotchi Nano comes with are ones where you’re supposed to press the A and B buttons (the Left and Middle Buttons) as the game lists it, and another game where you’re supposed to catch the falling notes with the A and B button. The A button moves to the Left while the B button moves to the right, respectively. There is another game but it can only be played at a certain time, at both 1 P.M. – 3 P.M. and 6 P.M. – 9 P.M. It’s a game where you make a light stick face upwards at the press of either the A or B button while the music is playing.

If the Vocaloid gets uninstalled (in the Tamagotchi’s case, dead), the user can start anew if they press both A and C to get a new Miku and try different playstyles.

_____________________________________

Weather report (By Kamiloh)

Last week (Fri. 4/28)  It was a sunny day (High 83°, Low 47°) and we went to a dance and played disc golf. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday may have chances of thunderstorms. 

This week (Wed. 5/3) at 4 pm there is a 30% chance of thunderstorms. You may need an umbrella, raincoat, and rain boots. Rain expected Thursday – Saturday, Monday & Tuesday.  

Week 5   (5/3) 

Calendar – actions & plans (reminder no school this Friday)

________________________

Week 4 – Anders Out – Brian cover – Continue w posts.

________________________

Week 3 – JOb fair

________________________

Week 2.    4/12

Calendar: Next week cancelled 4/19 – JOB FAIR – post this

& WORK on Our Poster. 

Assigned tasks – get busy. 

Anna: grammar , review of pros/cons with tapping game on phone, 

Kamiloh: weather

Maya: sassy report/ reader questions

Miki: editorial

Seiji: review videogames/cartoon/joke/boardgame class. 

George: activities – track meet/ calendar. (e.g. job FAIR next Wednesday)

Week 1. 

Expectations

What to do and post about?

Who will do what?