Relief Nursery Community Resource Guide
Available online at: https://reliefnursery.org/for-our-families/
Student Health Care
4J’s school-based health center at Churchill High School can provide healthcare to 4J students. The health center can bill private insurance and the Oregon Health Plan, and will also provide treatment for those unable to afford medical care. Call 541-790-5227 to schedule an appointment.
Mental Health Care for Students and Families
Helpful suggestions for talking to children and youth about coronavirus COVID-19 have been provided by the National Association of School Psychologists and National Association of School Nurses. Check the 4j website under Hot Topics and select Coronavirus COVID-19.
HOOTS (Helping Out Our Teens in Schools), a community partner that provides mobile crisis response support to 4J and other high schools, is offering mental health support by phone for high school students, families and staff while schools are closed. Staff are able to provide short-term counseling, resource referrals and Oregon Health Plan signup. Available weekdays 9 a.m.–4 p.m. at 541-246-2342.
Lane County Behavioral Health is providing mental health services to students, families and staff (available in Spanish). Call for assistance: 541-682-7253.
4J’s school-based health center at Churchill is offering mental health services via phone to 4J students. Call 541-682-1915.
For students in immediate crisis, resources available 24/7 include:
Looking Glass Youth and Family Crisis Line: 541-689-3111
White Bird Clinic Crisis Line: 541-687-4000
Mental Health Crisis Response Program (available in Spanish): 888-989-9990 (for parents of children up to 18)
Coronavirus COVID-19 questions:
• Lane County Call Center — call 541-682-1380
• Oregon 211 — call 211 or text 898211
Resources for financially impacted families:
• Unemployment Benefits and COVID-19: https://govstatus.egov.com/ORUnemployment_COVID19
• EWEB Customer Care: By phone: (541) 685-7000, 9 am – 6:30 pm
• NW Natural Customer Care: (800) 422-4012, M-F 7 am – 6 pm
• CenturyLink, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T Keep Americans Connected
• Comcast Internet Essentials (free or low-cost internet access) (855) 846-8376
• Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ASSISTANCE/FOOD-BENEFITS/Pages/About-SNAP.aspx
• Food for Lane County (food pantry sites and information): (541)343-2822, M-F 9 am – 4 pm, foodforlanecounty.org
Families can access the 4j website for more information and internet links to much of the information listed here.