Sam and CY students & staff are reading…

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

by on May.08, 2015, under Real life, Romance, Student Reviews, Teen Top 10, YRCA

stayReview by Gracie B.

Who would like this book? People who like romance and when the book goes from past to present It’s for older readers, 12 and above.

The goods on this book: In If I Stay, a teenage girl named Mia and her family get in a car crash and her parents die on the scene. She and her brother Teddy go to the hospital. She is in a weak condition, and he is in stable condition but then becomes unstable. You follow her journey in the hospital as if it is her ghost or her soul. Her boyfriend, Adam, visits and is not allowed in because she is in the ICU, and only immediate family can visit. So, he had a plan to get in. I will not spoil the plan though! The book goes back and forth between past and present. In the past, she talks about getting into Julliard, a college she wants to get into. It is a musician’s dream college. She also talks about her and Adam meeting and how he is a grade above her and a punk, leader of a band, but Mia is into classical music and plays the cello. I really liked the book because I am into these kind of books that are romantic and that go back and forth. It is just super cool to me. So if you like a romantic book READ THIS!!!!!!!!

The details: 2009; 259 pages    Review by Gracie B.

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!