Sam and CY students & staff are reading…

The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner Book 2) by James Dashner

by on Apr.14, 2014, under Dystopia, Science Fiction, Student Reviews

scorchReview by Felix H.

Who would like this book? Males and females, 10 and up,  would both find an interest in this dystopian science fiction novella. This is for people that are into Hunger Game-like-stories.

The goods on this book: After surviving the maze trials in the Glade, the surviving gladers including Thomas are put through an even more deadly trial that may destroy them physically and furthermore mentally. They are dropped in a sun-scorched desert that is in New Mexico and are told they have contracted a deadly disease known as the Flare. The only cure is on the other side of where they begin, approximately 200 miles away. Teresa, from the maze trial, is taken by WICKED, and Thomas is left wondering if this is another test of his psyche or if Teresa really is in danger. Personally, I think this was all so overwhelming that I felt I could only read so much at a time. This was a great book and overall I think that the Maze Runner series is worthy of being on my top ten list of the best book series.

The details: 361 pages; 2010  Review by Felix H.

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!