Sam and CY students & staff are reading…

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

by on Apr.14, 2014, under Dystopia, Science Fiction, Student Reviews, Teen Top 10, YRCA

mazeReview by Felix H.

Who would like this book? Girls and boys both, I believe would thoroughly enjoy reading this story. This book can be for young adults and perhaps children 10+. This is a fiction/dystopian novella.

The goods on this book: Maze Runner is a dystopian science fiction story taking place in the near future (about 20 years later), as the book title might reveal. There is a small colony of children living inside a giant moving maze. Thomas, the main character who awakens with no recollection of his former life, slowly discovers that he might be the final piece to a puzzle years in the making. The characters are: Thomas, Teresa, Newt, Chuck, Alby and Gally. The moral lesson of this story is that bravery and courage alone can make a hero out of anyone. I love the detail and emotion of this book, and it makes me feel like I am trying to find a way out of the maze with Thomas and his friends.

The details: 374 pages; 2009   Review by Felix H.

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!