0

9/16-9/20

Posted by waples_s on September 16, 2019 in Uncategorized |

The rain has decided to come early and it makes me think we should be deep into fall, but it is still summer! I am hoping we still have some sunnier days ahead of us. I am so proud of how the class has adjusted to being back at school and working for longer periods of time each day. This week we are starting our social studies unit on maps! Next week I hope to start science – just waiting on some live critters 🙂

I am still trying to get the kids into appropriate groups and hope to start reaching out for volunteers later this week. Here are the times that I know I will need help:

• Thursdays from 11:45-12:30 to read with groups of kids or answer their questions while I work with a group at the back table.
  • Fridays from 10:00-10:40 to work with a math extension group.
  • Tuesday and/or Thursdays from 1:05-2:00 for science.

If any of these tasks appeal to you, please let me know!

This week we have picture day on Tuesday and Information Night on Thursday. I will talk about classroom expectations and big projects that happen in 4th grade. This is a great way for you to know what to expect and allows me to get the same information out to all parents. I hope you can make it at 6:35!

***A T-shirt form for the Fun Run went home today. Every student will get a shirt for the run and we just need to know your child’s size. Please fill out their name, my name, and their shirt size so that they get one that fits!***

I am excited to get into all of our routines and keep this school year rolling!