0

01/13 – 01/17

Posted by waples_s on January 12, 2020 in Uncategorized |

Happy New Year! I had a really nice break just hanging around Eugene and being with family. I hope you did too! Last week we eased our way back into school and the kids did great! We are starting fractions in math and I would encourage you to check out the blog to see what our new unit is about. We also started a narrative writing performance task in writing. The performance task is something the kids will have to do on the Smarter Balanced test later this spring. We will hopefully get to practice at least 2 before the test. 

We have a few new changes in our classroom. The first is that I have a student teacher that will be with us until the end of the year. Her name is Ms. Mary and she will ease into teaching. I am very excited to have her in our class! She will send a little information about herself soon. Hopefully you will get a chance to meet her.

Another addition is that I have two Ed Foundations students who will help on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 9-12. Their main purpose to assist students one-on-one while I am teaching whole group math and reading. They are both very nice and excited to be in our room. Miss MJ is here on Tuesdays and Miss Emma is here on Wednesdays. I love having so many adults in the room that are able to reinforce what we are learning throughout the day!

Book talks are happening this week and students signed up for the day they would like to give their book talks. They should have written it down on their homework paper last Tuesday to show to you. If you would like to come and listen, I would love to have you! You just need to be flexible in being at the school for at least 45 minutes in case there are multiple parents listening to book talks. Here is the schedule:

Monday (1/13): 11:00-12:00

Tuesday (1/14): 1:05-2:00

Wednesday (1/15): 10:00-10:45

Thursday (1/16): 11:00-11:45

Welcome back!