0

4/29-5/2

Posted by waples_s on April 29, 2019 in Uncategorized |

I am sorry that I have not posted in a while, but the last couple of weeks have been very busy! We are in the home stretch of the school year and although people are excited about summer and maybe weekend trips, it is really important that students are at school each day. We start our Smarter Balanced testing this week and will be testing Tuesday-Thursdays each week. Each testing session will be an hour and when students are done they can read or work on a reading packet that I have put together from our reading curriculum. If you know your child will need to gone from school just keep in mind that they will have to make up the test when we are doing lessons. If you have any questions please contact me or Tammy Coleman our testing coordinator.

During testing days I will give students a jolly rancher, starburst or mint to suck on while they test. For most this helps with their concentration. Kids are also encouraged to wear headphones because some of the questions require them to watch or listen to a piece. If your child doesn’t have headphones at school it would be very helpful if you could send them with a pair. I do have some extras that can be used.

We are also getting close to allergy season, nice sunny weather, and potentially a hot classroom. Students should continue to wear closed toed shoes for PE and recess. The bark can puncture through the bottom of sandals…It is also helpful if students have a water bottle to keep on their desk so that they can stay hydrated!