0

12/3 – 12/7

Posted by waples_s on December 4, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Welcome to December! Three more weeks until the break and then it is a new year! 2018 went extremely fast for me, but it included many happy memories 🙂 I hope that you had a great 2018 or are excited for the fresh start that a new year brings.

We will start our salt dough maps of Oregon next week and I need some materials for each student. If you could place 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of salt in a gallon Ziplock bag and send it with your child I would really appreciate it. Every student will need their own bag so that they can make the salt dough for their project. If you can make a second bag that can be given to a student who is unable to bring one I would greatly appreciate it!

Today the class labeled the speech cards for their next book talk. Visuals are due before the break, but the speeches will happen when we come back to school in January. I will post the day and times that we will be giving speeches so that you can come and watch! They are one of my favorite things to listen to!

Thank you to every family who has donated coins or dollar bills to our coin drive! Our school surpassed our goal for the animal shelter and then competition between the classrooms is going strong. Our class is currently in second place 🙂 It is so amazing to watch the kids bring in their coins and know that we will get to bless an animal shelter this season! If you feel like you and your family would like to bless a child at the school, we have our snowflakes of joy hanging in the front. You can take a tag and shop for a student and then bring back the wrapped present by the 15th. We want everyone to have a happy holiday season!