0

9/17 – 9/21

Posted by waples_s on September 17, 2018 in Uncategorized |

I was blown away last week after checking in homework; almost everyone turned it in! I also really enjoyed reading their responses and learning how they have helped their friends or their friends have helped them. Such a kind and genuine group of kids!

This week we are going to start science and social studies! I love social studies in 4th grade because it is all about Oregon. We will start by learning how to read maps, learn about the different regions, and then end the unit by making a salt dough map of Oregon. Then we move on to the Oregon Trail. This year 4th graders have a very unique opportunity – to win a trip to Washington D.C. to light the Christmas Tree at the White House!!! Please find the cream colored paper in your child’s homework folder because it outlines the contest and how the tree will be getting to D.C. Let me know if you have any questions about this writing contest.

I really hope that you can all make it to curriculum night. I will go over many of the important assignments, projects, field trips, and expectations for 4th grade. Even if you have had another child in my class, I would love to get a chance to review all this information. This is also one of the few times that I get to talk with parents and answer any questions you might have. Grades 3-5 will meet from 7:20-8:00.

We are ready for another full week of learning and I hope to see you all this week!