We are back and ready to enjoy another great year at Churchill High School!
The College & Career Center has a lot to offer to all students. What we do:
- Help you complete your Personalized Learning graduation requirements in Naviance
- Help you plan academic and personal activities to help you get the most out of high school and become a competitive job, college/university and scholarship applicant
- Provide information on Community Service opportunities
- Help you find scholarships. Did you know there are scholarships for all grade levels?
- Host college, university and military visits; information workshops for overseas study programs, college, financial aid and scholarship applications; Career, College and Community Service Fairs
- Provide information and help with SAT and ACT testing
- Help you find resources in the community
- Help you complete a resume
- Help you explore and research your options for life after high school
- Help you request transcripts and test scores
- And much, much more
Take advantage of all we do. Keep your eyes and ears open! Check your Naviance account and this website frequently. Follow us on social media. See links on this page. Ask questions. We are here to help!
It’s been an amazing year Churchill High! Remember to try and get some community service hours completed over the summer, register for the SAT’s, and most importantly have fun relaxing! We can’t wait to see you back in the fall.
College and Career Center
It is time to start thinking about taking the SAT if you have not already. This year, a test is being offered in August. The registration deadline for the August 25th test is July 27th. Late registration deadline is August 15th.
We STRONGLY urge you to take the test on August, 25th if you’ve already taken the test and want to take it a second time to improve your score or if you will taking it for the first time. Deadlines to apply to colleges and universities for Early Action, Early Decision or Priority status typically are in early November and December. If you wait for the next available test in October, 2018, your scores may not reach the college/university by the deadline. We also encourage you to register for the August test soon as seats fill up quickly.
If you need a fee waiver, we encourage you to see Sheree in the College and Career Center before June 22nd. After June 22nd you can get one from Ken Pimental or Jill Reents in the office.
There is another advantage to taking the SAT in August. The SAT test can satisfy the essential skills graduation requirement in reading, writing and math if you earn certain scores. If you have not passed any or all of the essential skills by the end of this year, consider taking the SAT in August. Why not start your senior year with a graduation requirement already satisfied?
Click here for the 2018-2019 SAT Test Dates
Many of you will need a final transcript sent to the college/university you are attending in the fall. The earliest grades will be posted is June 19th. We will make every effort to send final transcripts as soon after that as possible. If you have not already done so, please do it now so we are ready to send it as soon as we are able. See below for the directions to request your transcript. If your college/university has requested your final transcript reach them before June 20th, 21st, please let me know. I am happy to contact them and advise them of the situation.
How to request final transcripts in Naviance
- Click on the Colleges I’m Applying To link under my colleges on your home page.
- Click Add to this list.
- Click Lookup.
- Search by name, alpha browse, etc. to find your college. Note: The list of colleges in Oregon will automatically come up.
- Click on the name of your college.
- Click the Send final senior transcript radio button. Please note that we do not include SAT or ACT scores on the transcripts.
You can also email me, email@example.com Please note: The last day I am able to send transcripts is June 23rd. After that, email our registrar, Trisha Van Damme. firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very proud of your accomplishments and wish you the best in your future endeavors!!
Summer is approaching and it is the perfect time to get a head start on community service! Click here to see our updated list of community service opportunities. We update this list frequently, so make sure to check back every now and then to see different community service opportunities
Project Hope needs student Volunteers on Saturday, August 18 from 8:30am-3:00pm. There will be a break during lunch at noon.
You will be doing general yard cleanup along the school grounds, cobweb removal, power washing, window washing, gym equipment and bleacher wipe down.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact me at 541-953-9908 or email email@example.com to let Danielle know that you will be volunteering.
A Family For Every Child has volunteer and Internship opportunities available. If you are passionate about working with children and help change their lives, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
Click here for more information