Though all the steps to graduate high school may initially seem overwhelming, it can be very simple if you stay up to date and on top of things. On this page you find information about Churchill’s Graduation Requirements
You must earn at least 24 credits to graduate as follows:
- 3.0 Math (Algebra 1 or higher)
- 3.0 Science
- 4.0 Language Arts
- 3.0 Arts, Second Language, Career and Technical Education
- 3.0 Social Sciences
- 1.0 PE
- 1.0 Health
- 6.0 Other Subjects- Any subject that does not fall into the areas above or credits in an area that exceed the requirements. Community Service and LEAP fall into Other Subjects. Completions of those requirements each earn .125 credits. 180 hours (0.5 credit) of work experience also applies. See your counselor if you have questions.
You are required to show you can:
- Reading- Read and comprehend a variety of text
- Writing- Write clearly and accurately
- Math- Apply mathematics in a variety of settings
You can satisfy your essential skills in many ways: Earn required scores on the Smarter Balanced, PSAT, SAT, ACT, Accuplacer, Work Keys, AP or IB tests; take a Work Sample class.
- Plan and Profile- You complete this with all of the following activities: Completing your Career Related Learning Standards (CRLS), planning your schedule and reviewing your transcript on a regular basis, Career Related Learning Standards (CRLS), planning your schedule and reviewing your transcript on a regular basis
- Career Related Learning Standards (CRLS) assignments in Naviance and an interview with College and Career Center staff or your counselor.
- Extended Application (LEAP). ** This is typically done in your senior year. You can complete your LEAP during summer between your junior and senior year IF you have completed your CRLS and interview.
- 10 hours of service for every year you attend Churchill
**IHS requirements are different. See Lynne Given in the IHS office.