Sorry guys! I’m out again. Please continue to be good. I know I can count on you!
** We will have a safety drill today. Please follow the directions when the announcements come on. I don’t know which period, but have your jacket handy when you evacuate for the fire drill.
Attn: Locker Clean-Out day is today after school. They will announce it over the speaker system. Students need to show their assigned teacher that they took all the junk out of their locker (ie. food, library books, trash…etc).
Periods 1/2 and 4/5: Block Class
Students are currently working on their First Day Cover project. Things students should have turned in by the end of today:
- Typed research summary. Make sure all of the following requirements are met:
- One page ONLY.
- No smaller than 10 pt font
- Single Space
- Landscape (Click on “file”, then select “page set up” and select “Landscape”)
- Two columns (Click “format” and select “columns”. Choose the option for 2 columns)
- Works cited is a separate page (use easybib to help you, or go to the Purdue site)
- Write your name on the BACK of your papers. Do NOT staple them together.
- Turn the research summary and the works cited page into the in-bin.
- Originally designed Stamp:
- Price: Forever
- Title, Date,
- Label: United States Postal
- Use black felt tip pen
- Color all (including border)
- Put name on back and turn in
- Students should be finishing up their cachet. They took notes on this yesterday on how to do it. They must show the teacher their cachet rough draft BEFORE they can pick up the white cardstock to make their final draft. If they finish it, they will turn it into the in-bin also.
- If a student finishes all of the above assignments, they may work on the additional Native American Mandala Art -OR- they may work on something from another class. They may NOT play games on the computer.
Period 6: AVID
Students may have a work day. Work on missing assignments from other classes because next Friday is progress report day. I want you to get anything in that is missing.
IF you can show Ms. Hickok you have EVERYTHING turned in (no missing assignments), then you may play board games from the tall cupboard. As you’re playing games, you could also have a brief discussion about your week and talk about our month’s theme: kindness.
Period 7: Advisory
Binder clean up! Use the hole punch and punch holes in any papers that are thrown in there loosely. Advise them not to recycle anything until they are sure it is recorded in their grade.
Check your grades on Student vue and write them down on a piece of paper – Don’t forget to put your name on it!! Turn them in to Ms. Hickok. This is how you will get credit for the period. If you have missing assignments, you need to make sure to get them in since Friday is progress report day.
Students may play board games during advisory if they have NO missing assignments. Share with each others groups things that you did that were kind for others and kind things others did for you. Ms. Hickok may walk around to hear what you have to share.