Hello!

My name is Tammy Steeves.  I have lived in a variety of places, including Los Angeles, San Diego, Tucson, and now here, Eugene.  My family and I arrived to Eugene in 2011 and have finally found our home.  I love to spend time with my family, which includes my husband, Kevin,  children, Noah (12) and Madeleine (14), a dog, a cat and 5 chickens.  We enjoy hiking, camping, gardening, and biking.

Before I began teaching, I earned my Bachelor’s in English from San Diego State University and my Master’s in Education from National University.  I have been teaching primarily at the high school level, with an emphasis in English Language Learners (ELL) over the last 16 years.  My goal this year includes preparing students for a successful high school and college academic experience.  I love to incorporate real life learning into the Language Arts and Social Studies content material I teach.  Any time I have the opportunity to bring in guest speakers, manipulatives, or experiences that enhance the curriculum, I do.

I look forward to teaching a wonderful group of students this year.  Feel free to contact me at any time with any questions.

Contact Info:

steeves_t@4j.lane.edu

(541) 790-6350