le 7 au 8 septembre 2023

Upcoming Dates

• Thursday, September 5 – Come to your classrooms and meet your teachers from 3:00-4:00!
  • Thursday, September 7 – First day of school! Report to your homeroom.
  • Wednesday, September 20 – Curriculum Night (5:30-6:30)

Le français:

Mme Jana, French & Science kincaid_j@4j.lane.edu

My name is Jana Kincaid, and the students call me Mme Jana. I have been teaching at Charlemagne for 18 years, this is my 19th, and I love teaching fourth grade. I teach French language arts, sciences, and some social studies, i.e. geography & a large francophone study we do in the spring. I have a Masters in French and International Trade from Eastern Michigan University, and a Masters in Teaching from Pacific University. My daughter graduated from French immersion in 2015, so I understand the trajectory.

I love all things Miyazaki, animals, gardening, making art, and courtesy, among other things. Your students will learn an amazing amount of French this year, and I promise we will have a ton of fun. I love to laugh, and I hear from the third-grade teachers and M. Zach what a great class this is. Blue homeroom kids will start with me on Thursday, September 7, and will also start with me the next full week of school.

Mme Shelli hopper_s@4j.lane.edu English & Math teacher

Math & English

Hi. I’m Mme Shelli. I’ll be teaching English, Math, and some Social Studies this year. I’ve been at Charlemagne for 11 years as a teacher and longer as a parent. I’ve taught grades 1-7 in several types of programs in Oregon and abroad.

I enjoy being outdoors hiking and paddle boarding. I also love teaching and planning fun learning opportunities for students to do in school. I look forward to seeing you all at our open house on Sept 5th and curriculum night on September 20th.

Meet our 4th Grade English Student Teacher

Hello, I’m Madame Hannah! I’m excited to be student teaching with Madame Shelli and your fabulous 4th graders this year. This means I will be observing, co-teaching, and taking over various responsibilities within the classroom as part of my educator preparation program. I’m studying for my Master’s in Education at the U of O and have been working with kids for over a decade. I call Kodiak, Alaska & the Hudson Valley in New York home. I love both the Pacific Ocean and exploring cities.

I’m thrilled to be able to student teach with Madame Shelli at Charlemagne and get to know your student(s). If you have any questions or concerns, I encourage you to contact me via email.

PS: If you’re familiar with Duck Trails Summer Camp, your kiddo(s) might know me as ‘Tsunami’ from the past 3 years.

Soyez bien,
Madame Hannah (she/her)
4th Grade Student Teacher with Madame Shelli
hstclair@uoregon.edu