Entry #48

Friday May 22, 2020

Since it is nearing the end of the school year, I thought I would go ahead and submit a journal entry. Yesterday was my sister’s birthday and we ate at a restaurant for the first time in almost 3 months. It was honestly one of the most exciting things that has happened since quarantine. Speaking of quarantine, some people are highly anxious and worried about this whole pandemic, but I have been finding the good in all of this. I have used this time to focus mostly on myself. I have been focusing on growing closer to my siblings and I have been focusing on growing closer in my faith. I have also been spending a lot less time on my phone and I have been reading instead. Some books I have read and are reading are The Girl Who Dared To Think, The Unwanteds Quests: Dragon Captives, and To Kill A Mockingbird. I have also learned to enjoy what we have right now and not to take things for granted, especially friends and family because you never know when you won’t be able to touch them again. I have also reflected on my life’s past, present, and future. I also know that we shouldn’t panic about this pandemic because everything happens for a reason and there is so much good that has come out of this. This will all be over soon and we just have to get through it. That doesn’t mean that I am not missing anything either. I am missing my friends like crazy, I am also really missing swimming and hiking, and I am really missing traveling. I miss being able to drive places and listen to music as we drive in the car. That is another thing too, when we went in the car to go to the restaurant yesterday, that was the first time that we had all been in a car in a really long time. It was another thing that I had taken for granted that I really enjoy. I also desperately miss going to church in person. I am Catholic and so attending mass is something that is very special and important to me. Going to church online just isn’t the same.