Entry #7

Friday March 20th, 9:10 am   

Today I decided to start a quarantine diary. Honestly if I don’t think about the virus, the quarantine is eerily similar to summer or spring break. I spend most of my time reading inside or doing other things, just like I would normally. My schedule doesn’t deviate much, outside of not being able to see my friends, or having to watch what I eat. That is, until I see the news reports, or hear my parents talking about what we should do about some issue. 

The other day I caught my dad trying to make hand sanitizer out of rubbing alcohol and aloe, and I asked him why. He said because many stores are out of it, and I think that’s when it first hit me, that this was really happening. 

My family has always washed our hands a lot, so we aren’t doing much more than usual now. After school was cancelled, I haven’t been able to leave our house to go shopping because of the risk. Every time my parents leave the house to work or pick up supplies I’m worried about them, which is eye opening because when I was younger my parents always seemed invincible.