Welcome Class of 2023!

Welcome to my Blog!

Dear 8th grade science students,

I am looking forward to the coming weeks and months when we will get to know each other and begin to learn and grow together. 8th grade year is a really significant one in my experience because you are on the threshold of High School. 8th grade is a time to develop and hone your “student skills” including time management, organization, critical thinking, reading and writing. Next year as a ninth grader you will also work on these skills but the stakes will be higher. The transcript (grade report) that colleges and potential employers look at starts in the fall of the ninth grade year… so I see 8th grade as the perfect opportunity to dig in and start to see yourself as a scholar on your way to a career of your dreams. My job as your 8th grade teacher is to challenge you, give you feedback and support you as needed and I am prepared to do all three. I encourage you to develop relationships with all your teachers and one of the best ways to do that is to come to office hours to work with your teachers one on one or in small groups. There is an office hours tab at the top to see when I am available to meet with you. Let’s have a great start! Feel free to contact me at any time via email at hohenemser@4j.lane.edu

Ms Julie Hohenemser

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.