Upcoming Week

For homework at the beginning of this week, students will be completing their safety posters. They are due on Wednesday September 25th. Each student in the class was assigned a different chemistry lab safety rule to write and illustrate on a poster. Many of these posters will be displayed in the room throughout the duration of this Properties of Matter Unit. (for a copy of the safety poster grading rubric please click here)

This is also the week that students will begin work in their properties of matter science notebook (or POM SN). Students should have brought home a text book on Friday (see image below). Most homework assignments from now on will be based on readings in that POM book. This book should remain at home as I have enough copies for a class set in the classroom.

If students are confused with the concept of density and how to calculate it in g/cm3 or g/ml, please encourage them to come get some extra help from me during my “office hours”.(I don’t really have an office, but classroom hours doesn’t quite have the same association).  I’m looking forward to meeting some of you at our Cal Young Open House on Thursday evening at 6:30. Hope you can make it.

POM

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.