Advice from students about what makes a better lab experience
- Make a hypothesis
- No horseplay
- Good communication
- Identify Variables
- Collect Data
- Wear the right clothing
- Ask questions
- Treat materials with care
- Follow all instructions
- Know the purpose of the lab
- Ask for Examples
- Clean up after yourself
- Have Fun
- Be mature
- Give each individual a role in the group
- Read instructions
- Read the lab, then get ingredients, then double check the measurements
- Read the lab, then get all the materials (lab equipment)
Advice from a college student
The Interactive Notebook is an incredible organization and learning tool. We will be using these for this course. Students need to have a spiral notebook to use in class, this will be their interactive notebook (INB).
We have been working on formatting the INB and cover design over the last few days. Our first INB check will be on Friday (9.12.14)
The INB is worth 20% of the students overall grade!
Remember: 1st INB Check is Friday (9.12.14)
First Day Assignment:
Please fill out completely and help me learn about you!
Who I am WS
Congratulations you found my blog and the scavenger hunt post! Wahoo!!!!
In the space on your worksheet, below #16, use your own words to describe this picture in 3-5 complete sentences.
I am excited for the new year. I just wanted to remind students of a few things I expect:
- Come to class prepared & on time
- Treat all humans & other animals with respect & in a positive manner
- Treat all materials (textbook, lab equipment, desk, etc) with care