WEEK SEVEN: May 15-19
Agenda for Monday, 15 May 2017:
- Welcome Back
- If today is your first day, please complete the following:
- For Everyone: Lab Safety REMINDERS!!!
- Intro to Acids and Bases
Agenda for Tuesday, 16 May 2017:
- Acids + Bases Presentation: Acid + Base Presentation
- Take organized Cornell notes and ask questions
- Learning Targets: (What you are trying to walk away with…)
- Differentiate between acids and bases.
- Define pH.
- Explain the significance of acids, bases, and pH to living organisms and the environment.
- Acid Base Exploration Prep
- Water: Acid or Base?
Agenda for Wednesday, 17 May 2017:
Online Lab: Complete the packet as we explore and try to accomplish the following goals:
- Students will be able to know each pH level of the 11 different given basic substances;
- To be able to know how dilution affects the pH level of the given substances
If you finish the lab, you can start watching the NOVA video below. Color the periodic table with the similar family types.
We’re talking about acids and bases, but lets back up a bit and look at the atoms that are the building blocks of the molecules that then make up everything around us.
Agenda for Thursday, 18 May 2017:
In Class: Measuring pH Indicator practice
Click on the following link to access the digital lab: