•  

Pilot Leaders

_____

Email Communication from 7/2/19

Hello Parents/Guardians & our Amazing Pilot Leaders,

I hope that you are having a wonderful summer break so far.  My family and I just got back from my father-in-law’s memorial in North Carolina, and are very glad to be back in Eugene – the humidity over there is something else. As I type this I am sitting in class, myself (I went back for classes the Monday after you all finished, and won’t be done until the end of July), but I want to make sure to get a few reminders out to you before Synergy locks us teachers out for summer maintenance.  However, if you need to get in touch with me for any reason over the summer email works, and I will still be quite responsive.

Here are the required dates and times for Pilot Leader Training, the Welcome Back Event, and 6th Grade Orientation.

Training Friday, August 30th, 8:00-3:00
Training Tuesday, September 3rd, 8:00-3:00
Welcome Back Event, Tuesday, September 3rd, 4:00-6:30.
6th Grade Orientation, Wednesday September 4th, 8:00-3:45

Students will be fed lunch on all days (if they want to bring a sack lunch, they are more than welcome to, but we will provide food otherwise), and students will also be fed during the Welcome Back Event.  If students have previously scheduled engagements that cannot be rearranged that do not allow them to attend one or multiple of these dates & times please notify Miller and me as soon as you are able so accommodation can be made.  These trainings and events help set a positive tone for the entire school year – especially for our incoming 6th graders.  Please do your best to ensure that your student attends and is on time.  We will start promptly at 8:00 in the Outer Gym for training both days.  We look forward to seeing you after a few more weeks off, and are excited to see the impact that your students will continue to have on our school community and the lives of our 6th graders.  Have a great rest of your summer!

KK

_____

Welcome to 8th Grade Pilot Leadership! Use this page to keep up on what is going on in class. I will post information about assignments, resources, and helpful links on here so that you can have a successful year.

KK