Entry #35

April 13, 2020

Today is Monday, and it is the first day of the third trimester. So far, it is going well. I started two new classes today; Leadership and Health. The Zoom sessions went well and so did the assignments. Despite school going well, there are still a lot of hard things going on in the world. In response to the prompt for today, the hardest thing for me right now is my dad being a nurse. My dad is a nurse in the cardiovascular department at RiverBend hospital, and although he is not in an area of the hospital where COVID-19 patients would likely be, it is still strange seeing all the precautions he must take. He has to get checked for a fever before he goes into work everyday, and he must wear a sticker that has the date on it and “checked for fever” on it, so that people at the hospital know he is healthy. Also, the hospital is now limiting masks to only 1 per shift unless the worker is caring for a possible COVID-19 carrier (I am not sure if this is only in the emergency room, or if it is everywhere in the hospital). Nonetheless, I am still very grateful that my dad still has a job right now, because I know there are a lot of people without jobs. To be honest, no one can really win right now because if you don’t have a job, it creates a hardship in terms of money, but you are at less risk of the virus. But, if you have a job, you are still earning money, but you have to put yourself at risk for the virus. It is definitely a lose-lose situation.