Life Like Creature

Description: Students will create 2 “creatures” using the 123d Creature App as an introduction to designing with the intent to print on a 3D printer. Students are expected to follow basic tutorial steps to learn Creature design basics – this includes making a basic creature form, sculpting, baking, and then painting their creature using the app tools (Note that Creatures to be 3D printed are not painted).

Designs need to be saved, imaged and air dropped to Mr. Schiff – when iPad email is enabled, designs will be exported to “Mesh” via email, downloaded to their files1, and then uploaded to ePortfolios to show completed work.

Elephantpic2 Elephantpic1

Reflection: I liked this project because I got to do it on my iPad. I was also very impressed with myself because I only had to be told how to do everything once! It usually takes a few times for me to get computer things, but this time it only took once. I look forward to the next project/assignment and I look forward to learning more about how to do things on computers.