Tuesday, September 13th 2016

September 14, 2016

9th Grade (Class 3)

We began class by free writing and then discussing our views on travel vs tourism and the impact they have. I began an activity on Cornell Notes and then we practices taking this helpful for of note taking- one that I highly encourage throughout all of your classes this year and beyond. We will finish this activity next class. Review PP for specifics: travelsizeof

HW: Note sensory detail (see, hear, taste, touch, smell) and cultural bias in “Deep Fried Potato Bug”; Review 1/2 sheet I handed out in class.

9th Grade (Class 4)

Today we completed our Cornell Note Activity and I reviewed more on the history of travel. We discussed specifics and references connections in “The Size of the World”. After a short activity on cultural bias, we watched two clips on insects – and referred to “Deep Fried Potato Bug for Context”- watch this clips here: travelsizeof

HW: Complete first page of “Sensory Language” from today’s handout.

11th Grade: We discussed “Neon Scars” at length. Please review the PP and answer the 4 questions in writing, if you were not in class. I also introduced the Portfolio and Portfolio #1neon_scars-in-class-analysis

HW: Read “Mexico’s Children” and Complete Portfolio #1