MORA

EARTH DAY ART INSTALLATION

20th April 2010

EARTH DAY ART INSTALLATION

posted in World Geography |

HAPPY EARTH DAY! If you saw our installation would you please take a minute to post your comments, opinions and reactions? We are eager to hear feedback. Hopefully you made a pledge! Tell us what it is!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 at 9:51 pm and is filed under World Geography. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

There are currently 70 responses to “EARTH DAY ART INSTALLATION”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On April 23rd, 2010, Bailey Garber said:

I thought that the work showed all the kids how important it is to not to litter and to keep the Earth clean. Your students probably took a short while doing this but I wonder how long will it take to clean up? In real life that is how it is we littered the Earth so bad I do not know how long it will take to clean up? The animals in the window show us that not only are the animals fading away but we are too. The butterfly at the end showed us that we can still fix this and save all of us even the Earth. I thought about that and how it was, your installation is just like the side of the freeways and most parts of our town. Inside I thought that it was just gross and disgusting.
    The first thing I looked at was the trees, the thing that was sad is that there was a trash can in there. In Eugene you sometimes we do see trash cans tipped over and trash just lying on the ground. I just wanted to let you know that my card said that I will recycle all year, but I know I can do more so I will try my best to have my family reuse and not throw away food and have it for dinner the next night or even the next night. What your class did touche all of us in a really good way. I hope I get in your class and get to do this with you so I can teach other kids about this!! Bailey Garber

2. 2 On April 23rd, 2010, KaiLee M. said:

The thing that makes me really sad is I heard there was a pile of garbage bigger than Texas witch is very discusting and sad I mean the pile is probably will was out to sea and it will hurt the animals… The Earth is our home not a garbage pile though many people think it is so they leave their garbage outside and think it will just disapeer all though it wont

~KaiLee~

3. 3 On April 23rd, 2010, lantz said:

i thought that we are destroying are planet and it inspired me when ever i am walking i am going to pick up garbage that i see on the ground. i think if everybody tried there best we can change the planet one step at a time and make it healthier. when i saw the court yard i felt bad for what we have been doing to our planet. i want to make a difference in our planet and i am going to ask all my friends if they can help me to. i think if we would keep this up i dont think the planet will last as long as we want it to last that is how i think it would affect the environment. how does it make you feel that we are not taking care of our planet? it makes me feel horrible on the inside but i still need to stay happy and help the planet and also get smarter.

4. 4 On April 23rd, 2010, KaiLee M. said:

I just cant handle all the garbage on the earth 🙁 🙁 :{

5. 5 On April 23rd, 2010, Jacob said:

Some people are destroying the O-Zone.

6. 6 On April 23rd, 2010, Zoe Grauwen said:

I though the art project your class did for Earth day was very creative and eye opening.It really makes us think about how we are treating our world and what we use and do.Your class did a wonderful job getting the message out for Earth day and re-freshing our memory on how to pick up and re-cycle.Trashing the court yard I never knew we had and having us make pleges was great idea because when say i will do something I feel that it is important to follow through and help out with what ever it is you comited your self to doing.So this why I am saying wonderful idea and job to both you and your students for helping us on Earth day.
    The first thing that really caught my attention is the animals and the words that you posted, and not only dose the trash say something but the animals and words do because after it affects all the animals and wildlife it will then affect all of us. I really liked the animals for that reason. Your class and you have really made a difference and not only us can say that because it was put on the news for everyone to see and hear for themselves because we really are the difference.Hopefully lots more were inspired by your art work and is now making the change to make a difference in the world and also to save it. HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!!!! I am looking forward to being in your class.

7. 7 On April 23rd, 2010, lantz said:

i agree with oliver it made me sick and i would also pick stuff up off the ground if i see anything on the ground.

8. 8 On April 23rd, 2010, marilu lopez said:

what i think the class is trying to show us is that there is a lot of trash all over the world and how fast you can lose something very important for us and for the animals and if we keep doing this we can cause animals to die from not helping the earth. And when i saw that there was lots of trash i was thinking that it is very easy and fast to pick it up and put it in the recycle and clean it up.

9. 9 On April 23rd, 2010, KaTrInA aRvAlLo said:

I think..
    yur project that yu and yur calss did was really inspireing because..
    it made me realize that our planet is being filled of garbage(ugh)..
    I hope that other people realize it to and try to make a change.=/
    If no one helps to change this nastiness than 50years from now our planet is ganna look like earth never excited at one point=[..
    I mean why have kids if all yur giving them is a bad future!
    I really like what yu and yur classes did to make this wonderful project=]
    Lets just all hope that people notice it now and try to make a difference=/.
    Keep up the gud work and let just wish that there is still hope and its not to late=]
    -KaTrInA aRvAlLo

10. 10 On April 23rd, 2010, lantz said:

i think it also inspired me to take a walk and look for garbage and plastic and all that stuff that is destroying our planet.

11. 11 On April 23rd, 2010, marilu lopez said:

the first thing i noticed was there was tons of garbage there and that made me sad because i was thinking is that how the earth is going to end. but i know that people are going to change that and recycle and do other things to help the earth. And your class did a good job (:

12. 12 On April 23rd, 2010, kalie said:

I agree with Jayd. also when i looked at it, it made me really sad just to think that all of that garbage is on our earth. i really liked your fabulous art work. when i came around the corner and all i saw was that garbage. how sad but cool how you guys made the animals on the walls i really liked it. i also liked how we had to write a pledge. when i got home i told my mom about it and she thought it was sad but also really cool how you took all that time working on the wonderful project. i went around my house looking for things i could recycle. and thank you very much it really made some of us feel how we pollute a lot.

13. 13 On April 23rd, 2010, Alexia Day said:

When I saw how much plastic was outside, I didn’t want to see that ever again. It’s disgusting, why would we do something so bad to our home? It was revolting. It’s crazy how little time it takes to ruin something and also how long it takes to pick it up.
    The project really makes you think about how fast you can lose something that’s so important.
    I can’t believe that we are killing living animals just because we aren’t doing something that’s so easy. People need to start working together to clean up our EARTH, or it’ll be gone before we know it.
    I just hope that people start to notice what they have been doing and start to reverse it because the planet, as well as us are in big trouble, especially right now.
    I feel bad for our Earth because its going through a rough time right now. And knowing that people who are just sitting there, throwing plastic bottles and bags around can help fix it makes me feel sick to my stomach.
    OUR PLANET NEEDS OUR HELP!!!

14. 14 On April 23rd, 2010, Krystah Vail said:

The first thing i noticed was everything on the wall. Then as I get closer I see a place full of trash. I thought to myself. Wow, if we keep this up all this littering then we are going to be living in trash up to our knees. It really opened my eyes to see what is happening to our world. And when I am an adult, i don’t want my kids seeing, or growing up in a place full of garbage. But also as i look at the window, i see animal species getting smaller, and smaller. But at the last window, i saw a butterfly. I thought for a second, and i found out that the butterfly meant hope. I didn’t know that we could litter so fast, and then it would take so long to clean it up. It sounds like somewhere i have been to. That is how it is in a place called Eagle Rock, Virginia. That is where some of my family lives. There is a little ally that i go to see my friend and the sides of it have garbage. It is really sad now that i think about it. I wish that are world was clean and we didn’t have to worry about that. I will pick up any trash i see if i can reach it, if i can’t, well, that is when my parents and older sister come in. But the court yard looked like a tornado came in. And I would hate to live in a place like that. And from all this trash, we are killing animals. Just like on the windows. They get smaller and smaller. And from out trash we are just invading there space. And now look. Look where we are now. What has all this littering done to our society? It is showing our generation that the trash there has been there for a long time. And I don’t want to think that. I want to think back when I am older and say wow. When i was a kid, I pretty much saved my kids childhood. And i did a great thing for everybody. But thanks for showing this to me Mrs. Mora and everybody that helped to open my eyes, and my self to help the society.

15. 15 On April 23rd, 2010, Ellie h. said:

The first thing i saw was the wonderful animals. I hope that people got the message because even though it was right in front of us, in the room and just about everywhere else, it was hidden behind the fact that we as humans think we don’t think we have to keep our world healthy. At first i didn’t realize that the animals were dieing off, until my friend pointed it out. I also think, at the end of the art was a little spec of hope….a Butterfly.
    I loved the art it was very eyeopening to see what our world will and or already is. for my last sentence i would like to say this was a great addition to the school and i hope it stays for a long time.

16. 16 On April 23rd, 2010, Jessie W. said:

Mrs. Mora’s class,
    When I first saw the exhibit, the first thing I noticed was the bags hanging from the trees. My first reaction was, “Oh, how sad.” But then I realized it really was a big deal. People have been destroying our earth without even realizing. Every plastic bag that blows away creates more litter in our world. It’s really sad to think about it, but our earth is just like that courtyard. The artwork was really well done. The plastic gloves on the bench were a nice touch to the scene. I think the artists did a good job representing how much people today litter and destroy our world. The cutouts of the animals on the windows really made me realize, not only are we destroying our planet, but we are also killing our animals. Instead of the animals getting fewer, I want them to get bigger in number. I’m all for saving the polar bears. I will remember the courtyard, and how messy it was. And any time I see litter, I will think of the courtyard and how it is just like our earth.
    I want to help make a difference. If everyone did the simple easy things like recycling water bottles and paper, taking shorter showers, switching our light bulbs to more energy efficient ones, turning off the faucet when we brush our teeth, and much more. It is going to take a lot of work to clean up our world. But if we all do the little things, we will make big changes. So I pledge that I will recycle my plastic water bottles, and take shorter showers. I can’t promise to do everything, but I will take my part to help the environment. I hope you do too. You really helped me get the picture of how much we need to save our planet. Thanks!

17. 17 On April 23rd, 2010, mora said:

Yes Kailee it’s true. There is a garbage patch in the Pacific Ocean that is TWO TIMES the size of Texas.

18. 18 On April 23rd, 2010, mora said:

Lantz — your comment gives me hope.

19. 19 On April 23rd, 2010, mora said:

Marilu, I just hope the change doesn’t happen too late.

20. 20 On April 23rd, 2010, mora said:

Jessie — your response gives me hope. Thank you.