The Con Sequel

The Con Sequel

Months had passed since Olivia and Sam went their separate ways. Olivia had been living good off of the painting she had stolen and Sam was still in denial that Olivia had done this to him. He was fired from his job for letting the painting get stolen and he had practically lost everything. Except he was still in love with Olivia and had been trying everything to  get a hold of her, but she was nowhere to be found.

Olivia was living in a small town in California, she started a new life and left everything from her past behind. She still sometimes thought about Sam and all the things they shared with each other and a part of her missed it, but she knew she made a sacrifice when she stole the painting, and it was him. Olivia wasn’t doing all this alone though, when she was a con she had to report to “the head” and if she didn’t con she would have major consequences. Olivia was hiding from “the head” trying to escape, but it wasn’t as easy as she had hoped. While Olivia was out one day, she noticed two men with a camera discreetly following her, she thought it was maybe just her paranoia, but after a few days she noticed they were still around. Olivia didn’t know anyone near her so she didn’t know who to go to for help.

Sam was struggling in New York trying to get his job back, squatting on friend’s couches, barely getting by with the little money he had left after Olivia. One night Sam got drunk at a bar and decided to call Olivia. He left her a long voicemail saying how much he needed her back even though she ruined his life. Olivia was in a desperate part of her life, so desperate she returned the call to Sam. She left a message saying she wanted to meet at this coffee shop they used to go to when they were together.

Sam woke up the next morning with the voicemail from Olivia. Confused, as to why she finally called him back, he noticed he was supposed to meet her at 11:00, which was in five minutes. Sam jumped up out of the bed and didn’t even change his clothes from the drunken night before, he ran, got a cab and went straight to the coffee shop with worries of what he’d say to her. There she was, sitting in the coffee shop, Sam stood at the door for at least a minute before he could go inside and face her.

“I am so sorry Sam, I am in a bad place in my life and I was just doing what I had to to survive.” “So is this why you finally returned my calls? To say you’re sorry?.” Sam said.

“Actually no, I am in a lot of trouble and I have people coming for me. I have been hiding out trying to live a normal life, but these people that control me are not happy with that. I need your help Sam.” Sam didn’t know what to do, he was angry with Olivia that she was asking for his help, but he also still loved her and didn’t have anything else to lose.

“Ok, what do we have to do?” Sam decided to go along with Olivia, because somehow the love he had was too important to let go again.