About Mr. W.

I am 44 years old. I have been married to my beautiful wife for nearly 24 years. We began dating when we were 15 years old, and have been together ever since. We have three amazing children! Kaitlyn is a senior at Central Washington University in Ellensburg, Washington. On August 1, 2021, Kaitlyn was married to Ryan, her boyfriend since the 8th grade! Kaitlyn works as an event planner and Ryan is seeking a degree in film studies. Our son, Braeden, is a senior at North Eugene High School. He works as a cook at Shari’s, is an avid ‘speed cuber’, and enjoys spending time with his girlfriend, Cheyenne. Our daughter, Emma, is a junior at North. She loves watching YouTube and is an AWESOME artist!

I am probably the biggest Oregon Duck fan you will meet! I truly bleed green and yellow! If you have been in my classroom before, you have seen my “Duck Corner” (not just a ‘corner’ anymore), and know what a big fan I am. I am a season ticket holder for football season and truly enjoy my Saturdays at Autzen. I never miss a football game on TV.

In my spare time, I love to go camping and hiking! I have read all 7 Harry Potter books multiple times and absolutely love them. My favorite children’s authors are Roald Dahl, (“The BFG”, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”, etc.), as well as Gordon Korman (“Restart”, “Whatshisface”, “The Unteachables”, etc.) I love playing video games, especially my Xbox One. I enjoy watching The Food Network (Cutthroat Kitchen, Buddy vs. Duff), Forged in Fire, and as much sports as I can (Football and soccer are my favorites!). I like playing any sport, but my favorites are baseball, volleyball, and soccer. I am also a HUGE Star Wars nerd, and I have passed that trait on to my kids! They may know more than me now!

2021-22 marks my seventeenth year teaching. I taught 3rd grade for 10 years and 5th grade for 6 years. This is my first year in middle school, and I am very excited to be part of the Cal Young team. I love being a teacher!!! Working with kids every day is what gets me out of bed. I thank you for the trust you put in me by leaving your kids in my care. My goal is to ensure each student has a truly successful year!

Copyright © 2024 Mr. W's Classroom All rights reserved.
This site is using the Desk Mess Mirrored theme, v2.5, from BuyNowShop.com.