MORA

Pondering, Reflecting, Connecting

3rd February 2010

Pondering, Reflecting, Connecting

posted in Alchemist discussion |

“Never stop dreaming, ” the old king had said. “Follow the omens.” p. 62
“When you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it,” the old king had said. p.62

What do you think about these quotes? Inspiring or just plain hogwash?

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 at 2:37 pm and is filed under Alchemist discussion. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

There are currently 56 responses to “Pondering, Reflecting, Connecting”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On February 16th, 2010, mora said:

Kim — I wonder if we were to zoom out away from the specifics, that we’d find that we all pretty much have the same generic dreams? Can you think of a unique dream that has never been shared by someone else? I can’t. I’m starting to understand your logic — in life we need pain and hardship in order to fully experience the essence of living… right? So we need to be thankful for the anguish because without it there’d be no joy. Right?

2. 2 On February 16th, 2010, mora said:

Evelyn — like I wrote to Jen, serendipity is another name for HAPPY coincidence. I’m not sure how omens come into play though.

3. 3 On February 16th, 2010, mora said:

Jack — so, do you think the world can actually work against you? Like an enemy? What would Santiago say about this? (You’re allowed to disagree with him!)

4. 4 On February 16th, 2010, mora said:

Ashley — I love the hope I hear in your words…. have you ever experienced interpreting an omen?

5. 5 On February 16th, 2010, mora said:

Aryanna — Fate is destiny. Your life will go a certain way and you have no control over it…. Think back to the quote about the “world’s biggest lie”…
    How about this — Think of fate in this way: Imagine that you are floating downstream in a river — you can’t control the current or where the water will take you — but you can fight it or you can surrender to it……. fate is like the river… I just made that up — what do you think?

6. 6 On February 16th, 2010, mora said:

So Kim and Evelyn — It’s not enough to just have the dream and feed it and keep it well nourished throughout your life? Do dreams have expiration dates?