Welcome to the vultures nest

Welcome to the vultures nest

Picture of my father, sister, myself, and my cousin 

Welcome to my writing and art portfolio! Here I’ll be posting any literature I’ve written, along with any corresponding art, photography or other scraps. 

Sense I was young, I’ve been interested in everything literature, art, nature, and macabre. Easy to understand the last one when you learn I was born with renal hypoplasia, meaning my kidneys never truly developed, don’t worry, I didn’t die. In 2006 I received my donor kidney at Phoenix Children’s hospital. 

I first found my love of reading and comics with Jennifer and Matthew Holm’s BABYMOUSE at age eight.

Then again with Erin Hunter’s Warriors two years later. Freshman year I began work on my novel Deafening thunder, in Mrs Sterlings English 9 class. 

My love of art came even earlier though. As soon as I could hold a crayon, I was drawing my favorite webkinz, my family, and of course how can I not bring up the time I glued a bagel to a balloon and gave it to my sister, I’m a modern Van Gogh I know. 

And of course i was born with  my love of the natural world, going for frequent trips into the desert with  my dad, picking up anything that couldn’t bite (sometimes unsuccessful)

Thinking back on a lot of these things has actually realized one thing, a lot of my traits I’ve inherited from my father. Love and respect for animals, plants, my humor, and of course my love of metal music. Without my parents I most likely wouldn’t have gotten so far in both my artistic and literary career, and because of that, honestly owe them everything. 

cucumber time