AP Statistics Announcements for March-April-May

Sunday, March 29th

I sure hope you are avoiding the nasty virus. I am going stir crazy sitting around the house. With the changes to the AP Exams made in the last few weeks due to the coronavirus, I want to summarize some review options that you have to review for the modified AP Stats Exam. 

• Use the AP Central Review Videos which will start on Monday, April 6th. (daily at 11 am, PST). These reviews will perhaps be the most updated review options with the school closures in mind. 
  • Sign up for the free Stat Medic Review Course (see details below in this post). If you go this route, I would definitely do every single free response question they give and pay close attention to the solutions. Luke Wilson will be also be one of the folks doing the AP Central reviews. 
  • Do the Personal Project Checks that I have opened up for you. Before the school closures, I opened up all multiple choice questions from all units. Given the change in exam format, I am thinking I should close these and open up the free response PPC’s instead. If you would like me to keep the multiple-choice questions active, send me an email soon. 

AP Stats Medic sign up: I mentioned in my post from March 24th that the Stats Medic was offering a free Review course this year. What I did not know was that I, the teacher, was to create a class in their system first. I have done so. To join it, just use the following link. 

Joint the Sheldon High School AP Statistics Review Course

Last, send me any questions that you have. (cedarlund@4j.lane.edu) 😉 

Tuesday, March 24th

Beginning tomorrowWednesday, March 25, students can attend free, live AP® review courses, delivered by AP teachers from across the country. The classes are designed as a flexible supplement, aligned to the course and exam description topic structure. Available on YouTube Live, the courses:

• Focus on reviewing the skills and concepts from the first 75% of the course. They also include lessons covering topics from the final 25% of the course; this is content that colleges expect students to know to earn credit and placement but won’t be tested on the exam.
  • Are mobile friendly and available on-demand so they can be accessed anytime.

The course schedule (.pdf/456 KB) is available online, along with information about what will be covered this week. All times on the schedule are Eastern Time. We’ll continue to post updates as they’re available. We encourage you to pass information about the courses along to your students.

I also want to let you know that the Stats Medic Review Sessions which normally cost $29.99 are being made free by the authors of the site, Luke and Lindsey! If you end up joining, please give them a big thank you for doing that. Head on over to Stats Medic if interested. https://www.statsmedic.com/

Mr. Cedarlund

Friday, March 20th

Here is the information that you should read about the AP Exam in Statistics as it relates to the Corona virus. Update on the exam on AP Statistics