Frequently Asked Questions

How often does The Caledonian print?

As a student-run newspaper, The Caledonian team has to find a balance between school and journalistic endeavors. As such, The Caledonian puts out one issue per month, typically on the second Tuesday of the month. 

How can I be a part of The Caledonian?

We are excited to announce that The Caledonian will most likely be available as a course to take for the 2024-25 academic school year! So, if you are interested in joining (and are not graduating this year), we highly recommend that you forecast for it.

What if I would like to write for The Caledonian, but don’t want to commit to writing for every issue?

The Caledonian encourages all students to participate in journalism, and, as such, is open to working with “guest writers” on a case-by-case basis. A “guest writer” would be a student who joins The Caledonian team on a temporary status to write for a specific issue. Additionally, The Caledonian has a “Student Works” section of this blog, so that students can submit individual works of poetry, investigative journalism, narrative writing, comics/art, etc. for everyone to enjoy. 

How can I submit my work to The Caledonian‘s “Student Works” page?

To see your work on our blog, email submissions (preferably in pdf or jpeg format) to nehs.caledonian@gmail.com with the subject line “Student Work Blog Submission” for us to review and upload. Reminder that The Caledonian is a school-affiliated organization and all submissions must be school-appropriate.

I am a business or individual wanting to buy advertisement space: how do I do that?

To inquire about advertising in The Caledonian in upcoming issues, please email your inquiry to nehs.caledonian@gmail.com with the subject line “Caledonian Advertising” and we will get back to you as soon as we can!