Entry #50

June 1st, 2020

A few days ago I made my own Midori style travelers notebook from by hand and I’m really proud of how it came out! It has a faux leather outside and an Aztec pattern lining with stitching on the edges. I wanted to make this journal to keep all of my quarantine entries in because I really like writing about my day and the affect quarantine has in my life. I’m probably going to keep writing journal entries about my day even after quarantine. I was feeling super awful yesterday because I had a lot of stress and quarantine wasn’t helping because I cant really be with my friends to kind of unwind. My head was pounding and my neck hurt a lot. I couldn’t go to bed because I felt BAD. I really wanted to paint or create an artwork but I just couldn’t come up with ideas, so I started watching art YouTube videos and it “inspired” me. I got out my journal and started making a pencil drawing of a sunflower, but I wasn’t feeling like I usually do when drawing. I had art block! I finally just said “whatever” and started scribbling with paint markers and other mediums. Then I made sort of a representation of how different art mediums can make one object be so different. That really relaxed me and I could finally go to sleep.