About Ms. Garland-Warren

Here’s a little bit about me (Ms. Garland):

The 2019/2020 school year will be the beginning of my 16th year as an educator and my 3rd year at Cal Young.  After spending the majority of my career working in High Schools (as a counselor and teacher) I am settling into the Middle School way of life.   Prior to my years as an educator I was a Massage Therapist and Yoga/Dance Fitness Instructor.   I have a variety of interests professionally but feel the most at home in the Health Classroom.   I’m super excited to be teaching all the 7/8th grade Health sections this year (plus a few 6th grade  health classes too!). 

When I’m not in room 206 you might find me at a variety of gyms around town trying out as many different workouts as possible or running outside on a track or trail.  Besides that I’m mostly a homebody and love time with my family.    A few other hobbies of mine are reading (I’m usually reading several different books at once and have them in stacks around my house), writing, hiking, and listening to podcasts.  Speaking of family, I have a  wonderful and patient husband ,  3  amazing children  (2 of them are grown up, and one of them is in 8th grade), a dog and 2 cats.  

Health, Avid, PE Instructor Cal Young