Lancer Extended Application Project
NEW LEAP Interview Dates Added!
Monday, 1/27, Tuesday, 1/28, and Thursday 1/30 for Seniors who have completed their LEAP project. Designed especially for those students using Work Experience as their LEAP. Please go to this LEAP Sign Up Form to find a date and time. Or copy and paste https://goo.gl/forms/ULNQTv1AX9TMZ9y92 into your web browser’s address bar if the link doesn’t work.
This is the required deadline
for students who used Work Experience as their LEAP.
Below are options for meeting the Oregon Department of Education extended application graduation requirement. These options require a 2019.2020LEAPContract and completion of a LEAP packet. Prior to receiving a LEAP packet, students seeking to complete their project through an independent option must complete a LEAP Contract and get it signed by the appropriate staff member* and pick up a LEAP packet before pursuing the LEAP.
- Digital Media – see *Don Squires.
- Independent Option – designed with and approved by one of the following staff members: *Nita Halstead, *Mary Beth Hepp-Elam, *Sheree Houck, *Katy McAuliffe, or *Court Wirth.
- RTEC 101 Class (through Lane Community College) – enroll in and successfully complete the course, plus complete the LEAP packet — *Nita Halstead, *Mary Beth Hepp-Elam, *Katy McAuliffe, or *Court Wirth. More information: https://www.lanecc.edu/rtec/rtec-101
- West End/Creative & Performing Arts Academy see *Chris Mudd or *Jacob Steinberger.
- Work Experience – document work hours, and complete LEAP packet – see *Nita Halstead, *Mary Beth Hepp-Elam, *Katy McAuliffe, or *Court Wirth.
👉🏼Deadline for completed Work Experience LEAPs is January 27, 2020. 👈🏽
- Yearbook – enroll in and successfully complete the course, plus complete the LEAP packet – see *Don Squires.
The following options DO NOT require a LEAP Contract or completion of the LEAP packet unless assigned by the teacher.
- International High School – Successful completion of Junior Seminar, Trimester 1.
- Career Academies/Pathways – Successfully complete all program requirements and enroll in and successfully complete your academy’s senior courses.
- Engineering – Engineering Capstone/Internship A & B, Bill Krei
- Graphic Design – Graphic Design CN III/ IV, Lance Eagen
- Health Services – Health Services Senior Seminar, Keri Ricker
- Rachel Carson Env. Sciences – RC Internship A, B, & C, Helen Haberman
LEAP Opportunities/Internships – The following links and resources below can be used to complete your LEAP. Some of these opportunities require the student to complete an online application. Please be thoughtful and thorough with your application, it will make your chances that much better. Pay attention to deadlines!!!