Scroll down for job announcements.
First thing’s first! You need a resume! Click here to watch a step-by-step guide on how to write a resume. Hint: Change the playback speed to 1.25.
1. From your Naviance account go to “About Me” and choose “My Stuff” and then click on Resume. Follow the resume building directions carefully, or
2. Use Google Docs. Click on “New” in your Google Drive and scroll to “Google Docs” and click on the arrow at the right and click on “From a Template” which should give you a list of templates to scroll through and find resume — there are several versions to choose from. Highlight and type over the different sections to add your personal information and experiences.
Remember! Make sure your resume is accurate and has proper spelling and punctuation.
Are you going to your first interview? Did a previous interview not give you the results you wanted? Set up a Zoom appointment with Mary Beth (see contact information in the sidebar) and brush up on your interview skills and get useful tips.
Timber Pointes Senior Living Job Fair, July 6th through July 7th, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Click the image at the left to go to the company website and a list of jobs available. PH. 458-205-5235, 4865 Main St Springfield, OR 97478.
Creswell Health and Rehabilitation Center offers graduating seniors the opportunity to become Personal Care Attendants. Get on-the-job training all while building positive relationships with residents and patients.
Starting pay of $16.50/hour. Take classes to become a Certified Nursing Assistant on-site for no cost. Click here to apply: Www.PrestigeCare.com/Careers/.
Social Justice & Environments Summer Jobs Find out more and apply at www.summerjobsthatmatter.org. The Fund for the Public Interest is seeking hard-working individuals with a passion for social change to fill citizen outreach and Field Manager positions across the country this summer. They’re hiring in Eugene, and offices across the country this summer. Full-time staff, with leadership opportunities available to work on issues like stopping plastic pollution and getting pesticides out of our food supply. Get experience with the leadership and communication skills and connections needed to launch your career. Educate and engage citizens on pressing issues. Build membership and raise money for environmental and social change groups. To apply online, visit: www.summer jobs that matter.org.
Northwest Youth Corps Programs are taking applications. Spots are available in the Youth (non-residential) Community and Youth Camping (residential) programs. Join youth crews doing vital conservation and community work in the Pacific Northwest and get high school credit. Learn more about this opportunity here. https://www.nwyouthcorps.org/m/OurPrograms#Youth.
Eugene Recreation Department is hiring lifeguards and summer camp counselors. This is a great job opportunity for the summertime! Find information about applying to these and other Eugene Rec positions here https://www.eugene-or.gov/2711/Work-for-Rec.
Zip-O-Log Mills Wants You! If you are interested in a career in wood products, they offer great job opportunities for graduating high school students seeking either a place to start or a long-term career. Come earn a starting wage of $18.41 per hour! Many of our employees started out just like you. All it takes is for you to apply online at www.zipolog.com/careers or send an email with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be 18 years old to apply.
Huntons’ Farm Do you like variety? Being outside? Do you like working with people AND alone? Then consider us. Huntons’ Farm is a 2,850-acre family farm growing grass seed, grains, and specialty crops. We farm about 140 acres of Oregon Tilth Certified Organic crops and 2,700 acres of conventional farm land. There are three full time and 8+ seasonal employees. The work ranges from operating giant combines to shovels, and you can count on something new every week. See HF Farm Work Posting Hishschool for details and how to apply.
Evergreen Roofing Roofing Laborer, Job Type: Full-time Pay: $17.00 to start. In charge of setting up the job site per the Crew Foreman’s direction. Essential duties and responsibilities: In charge of roof and debris removal, preparing roof surfaces for the new roof, install, and installing new roofing material. Responsible for correctly installing roofing material and accessories per Manufacturer’s specifications. In charge of site clean-up, job site breakdown and trucking all debris to the local landfill. Click here for more information Evergreen Roofer Job Description and here Evergreen Roofers Application.
Lane County Jobs Must be 16+. Lane County has a few job opportunities opening this summer and I’ve included links below to those job postings. Click here for information on how to apply as a fair worker Lane County Fair Summer Job Opportunities 2022.
The University of Oregon Housing Department — is recruiting to fill jobs with our Dining unit. Please feel free to share this information. High School students can apply simply by reaching out to the hiring team via email at email@example.com with an attached resume. They can also contact 541-346-4330, and they will be contacted in a timely manner. The hourly rate is $13.25. All positions are on the UO campus in different buildings and areas Hours can be flexible to match availability as long as they meet operational needs. The work is in with our Dining unit and includes cleaning and basic tasks. Students would not operate any heavy machinery, cutting/slicing equipment.
Nova Health Clinics — are in need of Patient Access Specialists who will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service, along with performing patient pre-admission, admission, transfer, and discharge activities. Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ability to interact effectively, and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds
- Sustain excellent patient interactions using clear communication and problem-solving skills
- Assess walk-in traffic for potential emergencies
- Check-in patients at the front desk in perpetration for their appointment with a provider and scan all documents into the patient’s chart
Education: Currently enrolled high school student, minimum age 16 required. Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience is required. To see the complete job description and apply go to https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=29013&clientkey=0472B2773792691DBE887E949312A698
Churchill Estates — seeks dining room servers. Starting wage is $12.75/hour. A great entry-level job for first-time workers. Stop by their office and ask for an application. Across the street from CHS at 1919 Bailey Hill Rd.
Job Search Resources
- Many food service jobs are open to teens, but first, you need to get your Oregon Food Handlers card. It’s easy and the first level of food handling certifications is pretty easy to pass too! Go to: https://www.orfoodhandlers.com/eMain.aspx and follow the directions.
- Grocery stores, markets, restaurants, and other businesses have a need for bright and motivated high school students. Hours: primarily evenings and weekends. Pay: minimum wage to start.
- Once you have a job, you can use it for Work Experience credit in the Other Subjects area on your transcript. Earn .5 credit for every 130 verified work hours for a maximum of 2.0 credit. Credit earned is Pass/No Pass. Contact Mary Beth, the School-to-Career Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Check List: The list below is meant to assist you in your job search. It does not necessarily indicate the business has an opening. That’s what you’re searching to find – openings to which you can apply. When you download the .pdf file, you can use it to keep track of where and when you applied and when you’ve checked back with the business to ensure they know that you applied for a position with them. All of these businesses have hired CHS students in the past or currently have CHS students working for them.
Click for the JobCheckList.