Week 4 (Oct 22nd)
- 1. PINS continued. Why is it important to share your PINS? Review last week, and as a group please share what you have updated since last week. I’ve seen a lot of nice posts!!! Just keep adding and edit as needed. (Hint: I know several of you have done an assessment in another class and that probably gave you some ideas on strengths ). And, for students that already sent the completed assessment to Anders, you can add “follow through on tasks” and “communicate via email” as strengths.
If you already have several posts – please add an “audio post” or a “video”.
- 2. Let’s do a “run through” on what an IEP could look like when using the MYLIFE in presentation mode!
- 3. We have also talked about that having a team can be helpful.
Who is in your IEP team? Do you know how to invite team-members on the Cognitopia app? Let’s navigate this process together, and also think about who you think will be important to have on your team.
Reminder, no classes tomorrow. But please keep adding throughout weekend 🙂
Week 3 (Oct 15th)
Make sure you have connected with Anders !!!
- Review last week. What is P I N S?
- Make sure you have at least 1 updated post for each category.
Preferences : something I like to do , or when provided to me it sets me up for greater chance of success. I prefer to work in the morning, working in a small group, I like checklists, I like to stay active. sit up front in class.
Interest: something you like doing or enjoy learning about. Traveling, exercising, playing video games, playing guitar , acting, cooking/baking, math, reading books….
Needs: something that helps you be successful: Time, space (calm) , terrible speller – use typing rather than writing on the whiteboard (Anders), check-lists, routines,
Strengths: something you’re good at. Acting, drawing, writing, creativity/imagination , sports , visualization, reliable, positive, strong, a good friend
Sleeping, flexible, liking routines, great memory, advocating for yourself,
Accommodation: spell check – typing on computer, sit in front of class (so I can read whats on the white board).
3. edit the background/profile of the MyLife page. (play around this as it is fun and it shows “who you are” ).
steps available on the “Dashboard” – Help –MyLife –Center photo
WEEK 2 (Oct 8th)
How fun is the IEP?
#1. Connect with Anders on Cognitopia, or via google doc. (share it).
#2. PINS!! Make a short note and add a visual!
Preference : something I like to do or when provided sets me up for greater chance of success.
I prefer to work in the morning, working in a small group, I like checklists, I like to stay active, I like team sports, being outdoors, I like visuals/videos to learn and repetition, I like to work as a team,
Interest: something you like doing or enjoy learning about.
Guitar, chess, hockey…hiking, rafting, gardening, drawing, studying, swimming
Needs: something that helps you be successful
Extra Time, space (calm) , Spell-check , terrible speller – use typing rather than writing on the whiteboard
Strengths: something you’re good at. Acting, writing, creativity/imagination , sports , visualization , Sleeping 🙂 , flexible, liking routines, great memory, advocating for yourself,
Accommodation: spell check – typing on computer, extra time for assignments, preferential seating, checklists
Where would you place these photos?
Expectations. , Check on prior knowledge of IEP. Who has been facilitating their own IEP? Review – what is an IEP (legal doc about you and your goals).