Get off Your Tush!

Monday 10/19/20

Have you been to all of your scheduled activities on time?  If so, congratulations!  

Your away work was to clink on the link below and read the first page.  Create a list of at least 10 things you want to do.  Keep it simple and varied.  Pick some chores, tasks and fun things.  Categorize them into urgent and not urgent, then decide if they are important or not important.  Complete the blank grid on the second page with your activities to sort them out.

time man matrix

time-man-matrix .pdf

time-man-matrix.2 .pdf

Your away work is to track how you actually spend your time.  Use page three of the time management matrix.  This is a BIG job and do your best.  Next week we will take a look at how you spend your time and assess if there need to be some adjustments.

Monday 10/12/20

Review progress on the task you have to accomplish

Clink on the link below and read the first page.  Create a list of at least 10 things you want to do.  Keep it simple and varied.  Pick some chores, tasks and fun things.  Categorize them into urgent and not urgent, then decide if they are important or not important.  Complete the blank grid on the second page with your activities to sort them out.

time man matrix

time-man-matrix .pdf

time-man-matrix.2 .pdf

Monday 10/5/20

Review away work:

Decide on one task that you have to accomplish this week and create a plan to follow through.

1.  My task is:
  2. My task will take __________ amount of time (give yourself extra time)
  3. I will complete my task on (day)
  4. I will complete my task at (time frame)
  5. Do I need help with this task?  If so, when is your helper available?
  6. How will I remind myself?
  7. Be ready to report back to the group next week on your progress.

Lets brain storm a list of different tasks that need to be completed

laundry, clean room, take care of animals, sleeping (not enough, or too much, wrong times) eating, drinking water, doctor appointments, work, school, recreation, family, friends, homework, cleaning, emotional check in with self, events you need to attend, exercise,  hobbies, meetings, art, music, self care, brushing teeth, budgeting, paying bills, landscaping 

Away work: Complete the activity above (1-7) either changing your strategy if it didn’t work, or making the task more complicated

Read the time Management sheet below and next week we will start sorting the tasks into Important/not important and Urgent/Not urgent

Monday 9/28/20

Welcome to the first day of class!

Students share scheduling triumphs and problems.

We will review our Connections web site to help us schedule our week.  Please click through the Connections Fall Term tab to get information and learn how to navigate to your classes.

Does everyone have a Connections schedule?  Contact case manager if you don’t have one

How will you keep track of your classes? Brain storm different ways to track schedules.

Paper planner – Monthly, Daily planner, academic, professional, wall calendar, note pad, post its, to do lists, wall reminders, bathroom mirror

Technology – phone calendar, google calendar, email calendar, click memo, notes, google notes, alarms, reminders, email, text reminders, alexa, google home, timers

Other methods: other to help us remember, dream about schedule, leave an object to remind you in an obvious area, staging area, remember, muscle memory, routine habits, rituals, 

Look through the Connections calendar

Be sure to contact the teacher through email or text to say if you will be absent or late. Join the zoom meeting 5 minutes before your class.

1.  My task is:
  3. I will complete my task on (day)
  6. How will I remind myself?