Welcome back from the snow! It has been a crazy winter so far. Thank you for everyone being flexible and prepared. Looks like there is rain in the forecast this week. Make sure you are prepared by dressing appropriately for the weather!
We have some weeks with unusual scheduling ahead… Mark your planner, and be prepared!
Thursday, February 13: No Pay To Play or Guys Group. All other Connections Seminars, Advocates, Tutorials will take place as usual.
Monday, February 17: All 4J Schools (including Connections) are closed for President’s Day
Thursday, February 20: Connections is closed due to Staff Professional Development
Friday, February 21: Connections is closed due to Staff Professional Development
And now a word about our student lounge:
We are very happy that so many students are choosing to hang out in the lounge. We have heard a lot of lively and fun conversations, and we are happy that so many of enjoy using the lounge. Remember, the lounge is not a party room, is a place you can wait if you arrive early for your class. Please remember the following facts:
1. The Student Lounge is for quiet activity. You may read, play video games with headphones, listen to music with headphones, do homework. You may also quietly talk to friends.
2. Be inclusive. The lounge is for all Connections students. Invite students that you do not know well to sit at your table. Include everyone in your conversations. Please do not exclude anyone.
3. There are classrooms next to the lounge area. Voices and Laughter carries throughout the building. Student conversation and laughter have been disrupting classes
4. The lounge is a place you can wait if you arrive early for class. You are not able to use the lounge if you are scheduled for a class at that time. If you choose not to attend your scheduled class, you must leave the building.
5. You may listen to music with your headphones. Please do not play music without headphones in the Transition building. Please do not sing along to music as you listen to your headphones. It is too disruptive.
6. You do not have to wait for classes in the Transition Building. You can wait outside, across the street at Churchill Market, wait at the Skate Park. Please do not wait at the playground next to the skate park. The playground is designed for children and you are an adult.