Meet Mrs. Casado

Name: Becky Casado

My husband, Marty and I with our grandchildren, Benny, Feona, & John.

I am enjoying the Rain Forest canopy in Belize.

email: casado@4j.lane.edu

Hometown: Norman Oklahoma

Birthday: March 5, 1959

Favorite Football Team: Oregon Ducks

Pets: Two cute and cuddly dachshunds named Saucy and Jezzy, One Macaw named Blue, and a 17 year old cat named P.K.

Favorite Children’s Book: Tuck Everlasting, City of Ember, & True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle

Hobbies: Running, Hiking, Scuba diving, Reading

Why I became a teacher: I have been fortunate to have many exceptional teachers who inspired me and helped me to strive to become a lifelong learner. My goal is to do the same for my students.

I have been a classroom teacher for 28 years. I believe that children should be able to learn and grow in a safe, caring, and nurturing environment. I cherish my job because I feel like I am always learning along with the children. If I can help children to develop a love of discovery and learning, then I have accomplished my purpose in life.

My husband, Marty and I have lived in Eugene for the past 39 years. We have two grown children, Myah 34, and Ryan 31. We also have three smart and lively grandchildren, Feona, 9 yrs. & John, 4 years and Ben 2 years old.We treasure our family and enjoy spending time together. We love to hike, travel, garden, and scuba dive. We are fortunate to spend time traveling, exploring, and making many friends in the lovely Central American country of Belize.