Willagillespie 2nd Grade

Just another blogs.4j.lane.edu site

Welcome!

Welcome to 2nd Grade!

We are having a lot of fun in 2nd grade and have a lot of fun things planned for this year. This is where you can go to learn more about what we’re doing in 2nd grade at Willagillespie.  We are working to make this website a valuable resource for students and their families. If you have any suggestions for something you would like to see here, let us know!

GO EAGLES!!!

Warmly,

Mrs. Points, Mrs. Saxon, and Miss Donn*

*For specific Room 12 happenings, check Bloomz!

Meet The Teachers:

Ms. Sarah Donn 

Hello! This is my 5th year teaching at Willagillespie.  I love the students, families, and staff that make up the WillaG community and I feel like this is going to be a great year! I have lived in Oregon all of my life. I earned a Bachelor’s degree from Oregon State University in 2011 and went on to get my Master’s in Teaching with an endorsement in Reading from Pacific University in 2012. I tutored students of all ages from Korea over the last 7 years. I have two adult children, Madison and Cody, as well as a granddaughter, Evangeline. When I am not busy working, I enjoy spending time with them, going to my Zumba class, or backpacking with my family and friends.

GO EAGLES!!!

Also, check in with me how you can get added to Bloomz for daily updates on our class and your child!

Mrs. Points:

I have been doing what I love, teaching, for eleven years. I’ve taught in a multi-age setting of 3rd, 1st, and 2nd graders. I earned a bachelor’s degree in elementary education from University of Oregon in 2006. Then I went on to receive my master’s degree from Pacific University.  It’s my goal to see each child reach his or her fullest potential.

When I am not teaching or doing school-related activities, I enjoy spending time with my family. I’ve been married for seven years. My husband and I have a very active, funny, adorable and bright son named Noah (he just turned 7 years old).  We also have a beautiful, sweet boy named Jake.  He is our sensitive soul who would do anything to make someone smile (about to turn 6 in October).

Mrs. Saxon:

Teaching is what I always knew I wanted to do. I started my teaching career out by working as an Education Assistant for 16 years. When I was 40, I returned to college to finish my degree in Elementary Education. I received my Bachelor’s degree from Northwest Christian College and my Master’s degree from Lesley University. This is my 16th year as a certified teacher. I have been at Willagillespie all 16 years and have taught Kindergarten through third grade.

I have lived in the Eugene and surrounding area my entire life. I have raised two beautiful children, a daughter Kayley and son Cameron, who have blessed me with 5 precious grandchildren.

In my spare time I love being with family, spending time outdoors (camping, hiking, gardening…) and I am an active volleyball player.

I am looking forward to a great school year!

Calendar

April 2024
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930